To the ladies of Re Under 40, we hope that you can join us our first-ever “Reinsurance and Rosé” Women’s Professional Panel on Wednesday, November 2, 2022 from 6 to 8 pm!
To support our female membership, we have curated a panel of accomplished and inspiring women to lead discussions about issues impacting young female professionals. As much as we love reinsurance, there are many lessons to be learned from women working in outside industries too, including TV and media, publishing and fitness!
Location: Midtown at 787 7th Ave (at 51st and 7th)—Offices of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP (you will need to give your name at the reception desk in the main lobby)
Date & Time: Wednesday, November 2, 2022 from 6 to 8 pm
Cost: FREE (thanks to Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP) and there will be drinks, snacks, prizes and other fun surprises!
If you are interested in attending, please email Lauren Dalton of the RE40s Social Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Spots are limited to 25 attendees!
This event is hosted by the insurance law practice of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP and the event will feature:
- “Lessons from a Female Sportscaster: Challenges Working in a Male-Dominated Industry ” led by TV Sports Journalist Julie Stewart- Binks
- Julie is a three-time Telly Award winner and host and executive producer of “Drinks with Binks” on fubo TV. She helped to launch FS1 (Fox Sports) as one of its original anchors and reports, and later became a sideline reporter for ESPN and host of Barstool Sports’ “Barstool Breakfast.” After completing the Upright Citizen Brigade’s comedy program and performing at Caroline’s and other New York City comedy clubs, Julie hosted three different shows on SNY, CBS Sports HQ and an NHL podcast before her role at fubo TV. Julie recently received Cynopsis Media’s Top Women in Media award for “Game Changing On-Air Talent.”
- “Defining Success on Your Own Terms” led by Author Louise Claire Johnson
- Louise is a writer and former marketing maven at Elizabeth Arden. In her acclaimed book “Behind the Red Door: How Elizabeth Arden's Legacy Inspired My Coming-of-Age Story in the Beauty Industry,” Louise describes the pressures behind the glitz and glamour of a big city career, and the struggle to recognize her true self despite her “success”. Her work has been published in The Globe & Mail, The Huffington Post, Darling Magazine and more. A graduate of The Richard Ivey School of Business and Harvard University, she has studied and worked in Hong Kong, Switzerland, New York and Boston. Writing has always been her constant in an inconstant world, and eventually, it became a calling that couldn't be ignored.
- “The Importance of Balancing Work and Wellness” led by Lululemon Ambassador Jenn Amoroso
- Jenn leads the Columbus Circle Lululemon run club and teaches mindful athletic yoga classes. Jenn grew up in the Midwest where movement became a part of her life. There she learned the life-changing realization: our ability to achieve is rooted more deeply within ourselves and what we believe than it is from anything external. Jenn was on the Fordham University rowing team and earned two bronze medals at the IRA championships and has completed seven half marathons. She believes beautiful things happen when you fall in love with the experience of living, and weaves that into all she does.
Look forward to seeing you there!